Holy Trinity Church, Edson
A Faith Community
of Anglicans and Lutherans
Holy Trinity was formed with the coming together of two churches, Grace Lutheran and St. Catherine Anglican. After many years of growing together, and realizing the strengths that can be gained by working as one, the official joint venture of Holy Trinity Church came to be on November 1, 2018.
This partnership is in full cooperation with the Anglican Diocese of Edmonton, the Lutheran Synod of Alberta and the Territories, Grace Lutheran Church and St. Catherine Anglican. We are dedicated to being an ecumenical community strives to be an inclusive, safe and welcoming worship community recognizing strength in diversity, togetherness in adversity, and that God’s grace, mercy and love are better when shared.
St. Catherine Anglican is a parish governed by the Anglican Diocese of Edmonton. The original structure was built in 1910, and was dedicated in May of 1911. A new structure needed and building started in 1956.
Anglicans in Edson have marked many milestones in this space, including celebrating over 100 years of community and faith.
Services are held here on the first two Sundays of the month.
Grace Lutheran Church's roots can be traced back to the early 1910's when people of the Lutheran faith began worshiping in people's homes in the Rosevear area. As the congregation grew, and the need for a home did too, and in 1954 a group in Edson was organized and the building began.
Through the years the faith community has grown in mission and faith, serving Edson and Yellowhead County.
Services are held here on the last two services of the month.
St. Columba Church is a small country church that can be found next to the McLeod Valley Cemetery near Peers.
In the early 1920's, settlers in the area began worshiping in people's homes, but with the generosity of a community in Sunderland, England, and a lot of volunteer labour and material , cross shaped church was built in the winter of 1928.
Travelers were welcomed to take refuge there as they needed, with a sign stating, "This room is open for your benefit, may it never have a reason to be closed."
That same attitude remains for its users today.
Holy Trinity holds occasional services at this peaceful, country location.